Over Labor Day we decided to refinish our kitchen table. It was warped from water stains and had crafting scratches in it. We weren't sure if it would work, but i wanted to make a pattern so we settled on chevron. We sanded the table down and taped it off and this was the finishing result. It totally worked and we LOVE how it turned out.
The next thing we did was building this bookshelf for Say's room. It was another project that would have been just ok if I did it on my own, but with the Mr and his patience, it turned out better than i imagined. We got the plans from Ana White's site. It was a fun Saturday project.
Once the nursery was painted it started a wonderful domino effect. The big thing missing was the crib. Say needed a new bed if we were going to take back the crib. So we (pronounced Chris) are finishing the bed this week and I am working on the curtains and some extra things for each room. There will be a simple, but complete reveal in the next week or two! Pretty simple, but that's how i roll.
We have a lot more things on our list to keep us busy so we'll try and do better with before and after pictures.
coming up...
*dining room
*Say's party and birthday
*and of course a bunch of things for the new little miss. I have felt bad that I didn't do a lot of prep for her because we had so much from Saylie, so I have taken on a few things to make sure she has some stuff that is all her own.
Stay tuned!!
1 comment:
I love your table! So cute! What a great idea. I can't wait for the newest little Miss Chappell to make her debut!
Post a Comment