Monday, July 23, 2012

Second Floor Tour


The upstairs was a little easier to put together because we had some of the stuff, but just needed to move it around. That said, there are still a number of things to be done.

The master is really large and looks empty, even with a king bed. We need to add a table or a chair or something in here because it feels really empty. (See sad picture below of thins waiting for console table to be displayed on...we'll get there one day!)  I LOVE our bed and bedding, but I still am not the biggest fan of a huge King bed. I think I would be fine snuggled up on our queen. The difference in price was just a few hundred for the mattress and bed so we figured now was the time to upgrade.



The bathroom is really abnormally large. I love it, but I also sometimes wonder if it could've been arranged differently so we had more space in other places, or if I could just have a bigger closet! ;) Saylie LOVES this tub. she will ask to "swim" daily.  She really is like a little seal or something and goes in loops around it. I kinda love it for that purpose.



The closet is great and it was seriously the first thing i organized. I love that everything has its place (even when i don't put them there haha)


This is a funny room to me. The previous owners had their office stuff in here because it had the right hookups, but then they also had their daughter sleeping in it in a pack n play. I have NO idea what that is about. it wasn't the youngest one either. WEIRD HUH? We have it as an office now, until we get downstairs sorted out. In the future I think this would be a nursery since it is smaller and close to our room, but for now it is lovingly called "the printer room" hahahah



This is the other bathroom upstairs. It has the laundry closet in it as well and I like that, but it gets a little crowded with all the doors. We ended up painting the walls and the counter tops and getting a new mirror. It was a big weekend project that we never intended to do. I like how it turned out though and we are totally loving that we have had so many fun house guest to put it to use!! It is nearly finished, but I want to hang some baskets above the toilet.


Saylie's room looked the most different before we moved in. It looked like this...


That was the first thing to go once we got keys. The babies just weren't my taste. I am planning to add more purple to her room, but am kinda in limbo until we get her a big girl bed and bedding. I didn't want to invest too much time, just to turn around and undo it later, so for now, this is it. I LOVE the closet organizer. It is pretty awesome. it frees up the space a dresser would've taken. so fun! I also have plans for her curtain so they aren't so plain.  We will see if that works out or not...that is another post in the future.

 








 This is the guest room. it was the easiest because we just copied and pasted our old master. It's available, so come on over.  We are working on getting some night stands and a mirror that matches (Saylie is generously sharing hers!)



























 Congrats, if you are still reading, you are 2/3 of the way done. Stay tuned for the grand finale.

6 comments:

S. Chai said...

Looks fantastic!! The Chai's can't wait to visit and occupy that guestroom (perhaps with a Baby Chai in tow too!)

Angela and Mike said...

love it. keep the pictures coming! Love the bedspread and headboard!

Tia and Cam said...

looking GOOD! I too love the bedspreads. I am however pretty bummed you painted over the naked baby shrine mural... art...ness... you probably knocked off 50% of the resale value of the house :) hilarious.

Brooke said...

I love your bedspread. So cute! I also love the double sinks in the master bathroom and that bathtub would be any toddler's dream! That naked baby art on the wall was unbelievable! I'm so glad you got it on tape before you painted over it. What were they thinking?!

Mrs. Richards said...

I've been meaning to tell you for like a month that I got a kick out of your comment on my last post... asking me how I was so, and I quote, "on top of things." Ha ha. I appreciate that it at least appears that way on the outside! ANYWAY, your house looks awesome and I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures. And every time you bring it up, I get super depressed that we don't actually live close enough for Mark and Saylie to get to know each other. I think if geography could allow it they would be a freaking match made in heaven.

Cerina J. said...

Love it! I'm so glad you captured the sicko angel mural before it's demolition!