We'll start off in the kitchen. It is the most put together part of the house. I love all the counter space. This house also has really good lighting. There are pot lights in every room and for a girl who can't see in the dark, IT IS PERFECT!

When we moved in the floor looked really different. we were under the impression that the tile was antiqued with a dark wash and the grout was black. NOPE! Turns out it was just nastily dirty. We have been on our hand and knees and have successfully scrubbed the whole first floor and sealed the tile. HALLELUJAH! This is the before after picture.
We have some more projects we want to get to in the kitchen. Some small, like organizing the desk area and getting a chair, others large like putting in granite counters...It will be a while before we get it all done, but it is so fun to look at, and think about!
the other rooms of the first floor are pretty boring. The dining room needs a table and chairs (so it is empty!! we did hang our mirror and add a light fixture!)
The powder room should be no big deal, but it is a mess. They took the mirror and I have had the HARDEST time finding one that's the right size that isn't $400 or super ugly. The color is really dark and intense, which is fine, but they did a lazy paint job. things weren't taped well, or at all, and there is paint on the caulk and the door frame, so the walls in here may just need a new color. For now we pretend we don't know and ignore it.
The next space is the family room. This one took FOREVER to come together and it still looks empty. Our couches took 7 weeks to deliver so it was one chair for the longest time. We love the couch and the recliner. We wonder how we ever lived without them. We still need some drapes and accent tables in here so you can put things somewhere other than the floor, but for now, it has come a LONG ways in a few short weeks.
Last but not least is the garage. This has been Chris' dream for a long time. Our last place was a tandem garage and we just never did anything in there. it was long and narrow and blah. This one is a great step in the right direction. I think unless it had like ten additional bays with heating and a lift, Chris would still want to upgrade, but he is super happy in here for now. I have tried to add some touches (I hung the flag and Trip's fish) but I was vetoed from doing anything else fun, like painting the garage stairs. I was informed that this is a man's dwelling and I am not allowed to mame it in any way. hahahah But I did get to help assemble the workbench. Also, I have been known to make a cut or two with this old friend. We will be adding more shelves and a lighting kit so it is brighter in here, but for now...that wraps the main floor....(unfortunately, the camera battery died so the garage pics will have to wait until round two.)
2 comments:
Love it! What a beautiful house. I can't believe the before and after picture, that must've taken forever. It look so good now. I love the windows in the light in all the rooms. SO fun!
I love your dining room! What a fun shape. And your kitchen is so big! The grout looks great. We had awful tile in Vegas- so I know what a daunting task that can be. It looks awesome! Great job!
Post a Comment