Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Twas the Week Before...

Twas the week before baby and all through the house
were things overlooked, passed off to my spouse.

The carpets need cleaning, the dishes too,
Where do we live? A home or a zoo?!

My ankles are swollen, hormones are crazy,
please can I just go have this baby?

I hate wearing pants, I hate wearing shoes,
If I can bend without grunting it's really big news!

One week from today we'll be a family of four
and the sleep will be less, the chaos, much more.

So stay tuned for pictures of a cute little miss
and pray we survive, especially Chris!

Seriously though- I felt great and had energy and then a switch flipped and I am super cranky and complaining all the time and my feet are just so fat and swollen and they hurt and I can't fit into any clothes.  I had my feet up on the couch and Say was sitting on the couch with me (well attempting) and she got a concerned look on her face and said, "Guys, we have a big problem!" I asked what was the matter and she said, "There's not enough room on the couch. Your belly is too big!" Chris about ruptured his intestines laughing. I am pretty sure water shot out both nostrils. 

I have been cleaning non stop but I feel like I move like molasses so things never stay clean and it is really discouraging.  This week has been especially rough on the hormones.  Say has a cold or something that has given her the trots so she has had a few accidents in her pants, which aren't her fault and just never happen.  So we have cleaned a lot of outfits and scowered and rescowered the tub everyday.  We washed a diaper that accidentally got put into her hamper so we got to clean silicone beads out of all the clothes and washer and dryer. It was miserable.  We have had appointments everyday, which are just not fun anymore, and my ipad temporarily broke sending me into a panic attack! Yeah, this was only two days into the week. Like I said, it's been rough.  Chris and Saylie have been champions and are so sweet and helpful though so I think we'll probably survive.  That said, We are prepared and ready for this girl to get here.  We have freezer meals made and things laid out for Say and Grandma to do while we're at the hospital.  We have most of our projects temporarily wrapped up and life is good. 

One last thing I REALLY wanted to document was just how much I am in love with Saylie.  She has pushed a lot of buttons in my hormonal state and I am not always super patient, but man is she awesome and I just wanted to make sure I recorded that.  She is funny and creative, smart and sweet, spunky and independent, and I just LOVE her.  She is her own little person and we just couldn't have designed her better! She said the best stuff.  I wish I could just follow her around with a recorder. 
  • We went to the doctor yesterday and she walked in and struck a  little pose, pulled out the sides of her skirt and said, "I got new clothes!" hahah 
  • then she always says sweet things like, "thanks momma, you are the best in the whole world" for simple things like getting her a glass of chocolate milk.  
  • She has found a pair of crazy straw glasses and d rinks out of them all the time.  A repairman came to fix our microwave and she went up to him and said, "what is your name?" and he told her James, so she skipped her introduction and points to me and goes, "this is my mom, Jenny and my baby sister Audrey" then she ran and got her glasses and said, "these are my crazy eyes so I can drink and I see water all over my eyeballs!" hahahah He was totally entertained by her the whole time he worked.
  • She wants to wear a dress every SINGLE day!
  • She tells Chris he is her prince charming and will give him kisses and when we kiss her back she says, "Awww shucks!"
  • She will jump up and down and say "I can't wait until baby Audrey comes, I can't wait, I can't wait!" and yesterday she pushed her face into my belly and yelled, "come out, come out wherever you are!" 
  • she potty trained like a champ.  In church the other day she really loudly notified us "I need to go POOP! so I took her and when we got back she walks in and yells, "Dad I pooped in the potty, can I get a puppy from the puppy store?" Chris shot me a horrible look of disgust like he thought I had promised her something so random in the bathroom.  Rest assured her biggest reward is usually a skittle or piece of gum. we are not dog people.  The families around us surely think we are nuts!
we just love her. I get a little sad about leaving her to stay at the hospital, but I know she'll be in good hands.  She is just so special and we cannot imagine how we got so lucky. Life before Saylie was awesome, but now that we know what we were missing, we would just never consider going back. We love you Saylie Buggers!


1 comment:

Brooke said...

Saylie is so cute! You are so good to write those things down.

I can also so relate to your end-of-pregnancy feelings! Good luck with the last few days. They're a doozy! I can't wait to see pictures of the newest little miss Chappell! And I love the name Audrey. So cute!