Hopefully, there is enough time to wrap up a few more things before our boat gets rocked by this little one. I am getting so anxious to meet her and just get her here and snuggle and smell her (is that weird?)!!! stay tuned...you never know what this crazy, nesting lady will crank out next!! (Nursery pics, belly shot, dining room drapes and MORE to come!!!)
Monday, March 11, 2013
Ta Da
By the looks of my belly, we are clearly in the home stretch. Saylie was talking about my belly (because it was nearly too big for my shirt and was falling out). So i said, "yeah, mom's belly is big and round like a basketball, huh?" To which she replied, "and you face too!" Hahaha awesome! Thanks for that boost of confidence. All in all i am feeling really good, but getting a little nervous about the lack of time and abundance of to-do's.
Now, onto better things. That awesome husband of mine who takes on lots of my projects has really outdone himself! He finished Say's bed!! Doesn't it look awesome?! He ended up making a hybrid of two styles i liked and i am pretty thrilled! One was a platform bed, but I liked this headboard way better, so he had to trim down some of the dimensions to make the headboard for a platform bed that he already built. We decided to build it because that way, should we decide to have the girls share a room, we could build another one and have matching beds, rather than worrying about trying to track down an older furniture line or coordinate between two different ones. Isn't he the best? I just LOVE HIM!
So, now her bed and sheets and comforter have been added to her room. Then I just added these ruffles to her curtains for some pops of color and with the extra fabric, made this little guy. I love it! It seems too old for my baby girl, but then I realize that she has just grown up that much. CRAZY!

While we were at it, we decided to knock off another room on our list and zoned in on our EMPTY dining room. With the expected company coming to meet lil miss, we felt like we really should have more than four chairs to sit on in our ENTIRE house (pretty pathetic). We toyed with building a table and buying chairs, but it just ended up not saving that much. Darn chairs are so expensive! Then it happened that i saw this set, which cost about the same as the chairs we wanted for the table we would've built, so this seemed simple and thus, PERFECT! I especially love the sideboard. It makes the room a little tighter, but it holds all my big, odd shaped serving dishes and so now I have a whole empty cabinet in the kitchen for baby bottles, jarred foods, and all the teething biscuits, puffs, etc that little miss could ever want. I am beyond thrilled about that. It is a little sick how much I LOVE things having an orderly place. Even if I don't always put them there, I just like knowing there is a system in place. This table has been one of the most enjoyable purchasing experiences of my life!
They price matched, offered a discount, took off sales tax and
delivered and set it up the next day! UM AWESOME! As is becoming standard, now that we have the table and hutch, we really feel like we need to break and get curtains. I have never done bay window curtains before so I am trying to be sure I have the right hardware and rod dimensions, but the panels will be a cinch. (please ignore the boxes stacked against the wall...those go in the office on a bookshelf we won't have for a long time, but I had moved them out of sight for a party....)
Hopefully, there is enough time to wrap up a few more things before our boat gets rocked by this little one. I am getting so anxious to meet her and just get her here and snuggle and smell her (is that weird?)!!! stay tuned...you never know what this crazy, nesting lady will crank out next!! (Nursery pics, belly shot, dining room drapes and MORE to come!!!)
Hopefully, there is enough time to wrap up a few more things before our boat gets rocked by this little one. I am getting so anxious to meet her and just get her here and snuggle and smell her (is that weird?)!!! stay tuned...you never know what this crazy, nesting lady will crank out next!! (Nursery pics, belly shot, dining room drapes and MORE to come!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You guys are so creative and talented! I love what you've done with your place lately, especially that bed--it's so pretty! Happy nesting days to you and I can't wait to see you again (and meet your new little one when she arrives)!
Post a Comment