My name is Jenny and I'm a pinaholic.
I have a love hate relationship with crafting. It is mostly love, but then I see a million projects I would like to do and i put them on my to do list and they start overwhelming me and then I hate them. This has been exacerbated by my addiction to Pinterest. Luckily, thanks to my spiffy boards, I have been able to complete a
lot of new experiments. Some are rather simple and lame, like new recipes or techniques for styling nails, and others are more complicated and fun, like holiday decor and learning games for Saylie. Below are some of the fruits of my labor. (the ones that actually worked. I don't document my failures, because then I can live in denial!)
ABC Puzzle Book - maybe too early, but it took all of a half hour and I can save it for the future and pull it out. I love having things ready to go like that.

Sweater Dress - I had an old sweater I never wear anymore and re-purposed it to to be a dress for Saylie. I kinda love how it turned out...just don't look too close.the collar needs a little help and there are some buttons waiting to be added. Possibly a flower or bow or something also.

ABC Magnets - I couldn't find the mini magnets I would've liked to use, but these were cheaper and worked ok. They won't hold anything on the fridge because the cotton fabric is too thick, but they are lovely to look at and Say likes to play with them and they are safe for her since the magnet is on the inside. (for sake of getting this posted, I am NOT waiting on a picture. they are made of fabric scraps and keep the magnet enclosed, which I love, but nothing super special here. I'll feature them another time.)
Halloween Banners- This burlap banner I kinda love. Burlap sheds soooo much so I had to be really careful while making this one, but the look is exactly what I was hoping for. (Sadly, while the costumes are still out waiting to be put on again, the banner is not...again, not waiting for a picture here or this will never get posted, but maybe i'll snap a pic when I dig out the Christmas stuff because I LOVED how this turned out!)
Pumpkins: another pinterest idea. These turned out great and they were a really fast project. I skipped the hand sewing part and used my machine. Basting needles are my new favorite thing!! Instead of sewing a stem on each pumpkin, i cheated and just cut felt and hot glued a loop stem on top of each pumpkin to cover the hole. I love these. Saylie loves to carry them around like purses.

More Learning Games - I have a little box going with things Saylie can explore and play with. Most are a little too advanced for her now, but at the rate she is learning, they will be perfect in no time. Each game focuses on counting, matching, sorting, etc.



Plush Trees- I am loving decorations that aren't breakable these days. Coincidentally, Saylie is too!

Popsicle Trees - These little guys are made of popsicle sticks, and I like them so much! They are fast, cheap and pretty cute!! When they are finished they will have a star on top and they will all be standing in a base of some sort (maybe i'll attach them to a spool or something on bottom to stand better. they could also be great ornaments or fridge magnets)
Bows - I have been trying a bunch of different kinds of bows lately. I am trying to find things saylie will keep on her head. Not a whole lot of success there yet, but if you are parent to a little girl, SPOILER ALERT, you may see some of these come your way for the holidays.

Pillowcase Dress- I have seen these everyone on blogs and finally sat down and made some. This is one I did for Saylie and it was so simple. I love the possibilities with all the pretty Amy Butler and Joel Dewberry fabric out there. I see a LOT MORE of these in our future!

Activity Jar - For those days when we are bored and can't think of anything else to do.

Freezer Bath Toys - SO FUN! We have added food coloring and small toys to ice cubes and Say plays with them in the tub. She LOVED finding little animals and things in her ice cube!

We have also tried these yummies!!! All of which I recommend.
GranolaBiscuits BBQ ChickenSW Burrito Apple TurnoversRed Velvet Cheesecake BrowniesBaked Buttermilk PancakesHope you enjoy some helpful hints!! Be careful though, I have been told that this crafting bug is VERY contagious!!
Stay tuned for some other REALLY fun projects, including (a prettified clipboard, a nautical looking headband, a shirt made from scratch, a tree skirt, a Christmas apron, and a few more seasonal decorations! YAY!!!)
6 comments:
I love you ideas. I can see how it is addicting. I don't know if I dare get on Pinterest for fear of neglecting my kids. Then again, everyone needs a good project here and there, right?
holy cow! look at you go! i think it's great that you've been able to accomplish as many projects. they are all very cute.
Jenny you are so talented! I wish I had the time to be creative:) I'll have to have Cami look on the website:) Love ya- Misty
You're so crafty! I like making things--some things--but I definitely do not have the patience to get through many projects at all!
P.S. You should write another post sometime soon. ;-)
Jennifer
www.wadinginbigshoes.blogspot.com
My jaw is on the floor in awe of all those cute, crafty, and educational things and how I have not even come close at attempting anything like that! You win
Hey, you...I tagged you in one of my blog posts, and was wondering if you'd participate in a little blogging fun (i.e., a game/survey) thing? The rules are on my blog's home page! :)
(All the cool kids are doing it!)
Post a Comment