Tuesday, May 10, 2011

M.U.D.

A while back I was feeling very overconfident in my lack of physical activity and agreed to run in a race with Chris and our friends the Nichols. I thought that mud would be fun and that for sure anyone could just up and run a few miles...sounds easy right?! HA! As the race came closer, my confidence faltered and I realized how unprepared I was. I got SO nervous. The night before the race we joked about how pitiful it was going to be and how dumb I had been in thinking I was ready.Race day we all kinda walked around in denial and shock knowing that we were going to be on the course in just a few hours. We got to the race with NO time to spare. Literally we barely made it to our start time. This proved to be a good idea because we could continue in our naivety. They said start and we jumped into the pit and ran off towards this huge unknown. I have to say, it was SO SO FUN! I realized a few things...
1- I can do more than I think I can (a few times we would come to obstacles and I would say to Chris how I was NOT doing it or it was going to be too hard, but with my teams help it was always doable!)2-I would NOT have been able to finish without Chris and Matt literally lifting and pushing and helping me through the obstacles.
3-I do not like the feeling of mud in my bum.4-I should not wear Stilettos to church the day after a run like that...let's just say I was walking like a male in ladies shoes!
5- professional sharpies should not be used to number our team. I looked like a convict at church with number 380 on my arm.Thank you Nichols for being such great friends, hosts, and teammates. I would run (or pathetically speed walk) with you anytime!!

2 comments:

Savannah and Braden said...

That looks awesome! I had no idea there was such a thing but I guess they are getting pretty popular around Utah too- I need to do one. You look good dirty! :)

Mecham Family said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU for the wise word of warning!!!! Also.. it looks like I need to get busy, or as my mom would say "get on the stick"! oh boy, is that TMI! haha Wish me luck!

BTW That looks like such a fun race! Gotta get this baby out so I can participate in such things again!