Monday, July 19, 2010

Solids with a Side of GAG

Seeing as how Saylie has been waking up in the night again and hoovering bottles, we decided we would try her on Rice Cereal. It went something like this...
1- made cereal according to directions so that it was soooo runny.
2- decide that you can't possible feed water to an infant with a spoon.
3- thicken cereal until it looks edible
4-bib Saylie and put her in Bumbo
5- pry her mouth open and place in small spoonful of food
6-Saylie gags and spits out food
7- try again
8- spits again
9-try again
10-Saylie stops gagging and begins crying
11-crying turns to yelling
12- take Saylie out of seat and cave, giving her a bottle, which she devours.
13- Bathe her because cereal turned into paper mache.

Maybe we will wait another week. I know she is ready for it but I think her problem is that it takes too much time and effort to get full so she prefers her bottle. What do you know she is lazy like her mom...At least we got some good pictures of it. By the end she was getting the hang of it but it was a MESS.


2 comments:

Alyx and Derek said...

Haha, this made me laugh! She is so darn cute! I love it!

Tia and Cam said...

i dont know what he problem is, I would have loved it!