Monday, August 31, 2009

the dreaded call

Part of the whole process of moving means we get released from our assignments at church and get to go somewhere where nobody knows us an we have no responsibilities right?

WRONG! It has only been two weeks here in the Simpsonville 1st Ward and the vacation is over. Chris got a call from a member of the high council who asked if Chris would mind coming in for a chat prior to church on Sunday. Chris agreed and immediately I started teasing him about the potential callings. I thought I was safe to do that because they only asked him to come in... boy was I wrong...

So we get to church early and Chris disappears into the room for a long time. He came out with this look of shock and horror and just amazement. I was dying to know, but I would never guess in a MILLION years what they had asked him to do. Are you ready for this?

SEMINARY TEACHER! hahahahahahah holy cow, I didn't even know that was a possibility. He accepted and is really excited. He does get a little sick to his stomach thinking about preparing a lesson EVERY SINGLE DAY, but he was totally relieved that the curriculum this year is The Book of Mormon. He is also secretly excited for donuts on a weekly basis!

All I have to say is that is such inspiration that they did not ask me. I would DIE! I hate waking up. It doesn't matter if it is 2 am or pm, I just don't love it.

So, in other news...I also have a calling. (they tricked me into thinking I was off the hook, then snagged me after the meetings) I am going to be teaching the YOUNG SINGLE ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS. hahahhahahahahaha sersiously, this must have been really entertaining for them to watch our faces. I am really intimidated to teach my peers. I feel like that is so scary. I have been spoiled and had wonderful Beehives who thought that I really knew a thing or two about the gospel and about life. The pressure is really on now. We will keep you posted! PRAY FOR US! hahahah

4 comments:

clybbert said...

Oh man! Seminary teacher? I think I would DIE! Chris will do SO GOOD at that though..... it's cool to think that he will be making a lasting impression on those kids. I think we all have had at least one seminary teacher that we really loved and remember. Make sure you make tons of treats for those kids! As for you teaching young single adult sunday school..... I almost fell off my chair! Good luck.... I wish I could have been a fly on the wall watching your eyes get to the size of dinner plates as they asked! You will do super!

Marnie said...

I'm sure those kids will love Chris. They'll love some youngish teacher.

Ha ha, good luck with your calling. It sounds like you had a similar reaction with that calling as when I was called to be a den leader in cub scouts.

Kaylie and Garrett said...

that.is.awesome.

Julee said...

You will both be great!

Dan taught seminary last year and loved it. Chris will be a natural. It'll be fun for him and your mom to compare notes, too.

Lucky youth & YSA's!