Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tour Finale - The Basement

so- remember LAST YEAR when we moved in and I started a tour. hahahhahahahaha. oh billy!

This is the last "room". It is one big open space, but we have tried to partition it off into some various uses.  We have Chris' movie area set up. Let me tell you, he put so much time into researching different options, and he was like a kid at Christmas tracking packages and installing everything. Totally worth it. It is a GREAT picture and we have used it tons!! Nothing like watching the Olympics or General Conference on a huge wall.(chris totally watches his classes on their too. I even caught him making popcorn once for "school" hahahah)

This is a lame play area that needs a rug, some shelving, and some fun decor. I have grand plans, but for now, it is not at the top of the priority list. Saylie doesn't object to jumping and playing against plain walls, thankfully!  she LOVES it down here. The train table was an awesome addition this Christmas (thanks Grandma and Papa Chappell!) She is the envy of all her little guy friends!

This is a funny thing. I think it was just a whim project because there is no counter and it isn't plumbed. It looks like a kitchen, but is missing the key components. we aren't sure what to do with this....we may try and get a compact fridge and some kind of sink, but i don't know. For now it is just an area to paint on the easel that I can clean if anything happens. YAY! I love spaces like that!






This is my favorite part of downstairs. MY CRAFT SPACE!! (please forgive, it is always going to be dirty, so just don't get your hopes up.)  I thought long and hard about using a different room, but I am not going to get anything done if I have to wait until Saylie is sleeping and then I lock myself up in a room. This way I can work and Say can play. It is perfect! thanks to the super long delay, I just upgraded my storage to coordinate and it looks so much better. before it was a bunch of hodge podge boxes and totes and stuff just piled everywhere! I can craft my little heart out without ruining and monopolizing our kitchen table! I think everyone is excited about that!


and lastly, this was a super fun project that I did from pinterest. I nailed the silhouette of the states we have lived in (only since we were married) Chris was awesome and built these shaddow box-like frames to custom fix the boards i used and give a flush back for mounting. he is super handy and i LURVE him!






Ok, congrats, you MADE IT!  Stay tuned for shorter, more interesting updates as we fix stuff and get prepped for number two!

No comments: