Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Flashback to May

ok...so this post has been written for about 3 months. I have been saving it waiting for other pictures, but I finally decided that rather than staring at it in my post listing, I would just publish what I have and add the rest later. So this post jumps back in time to our life in May.

We had a CRAZY May!!! We packed up all our things (despite Saylie's "help" we eventually got it all done! This is where she spent the majority of our packing time- in various boxes and baskets
Chris graduated Mid may. We are so proud of him!! He worked so hard (hence the white sash for having over a 3.5!) Saylie was so good for the entire ceremony, which was such a relief because it was just she and I (and the family of strangers she adopted next to us!)
The next day we headed out to Texas to see Chris' family and spend some time on the beaches of South Padre. Oh there are some seriously silly stories to go with these pictures but I cannot even begin to explain them in a way that would do them justice! So just enjoy the pictures and don't judge us because the sun makes you do crazy things!!














The week we got back from the beach we loaded our truck and headed to Michigan...which is where we live now. WEIRD! We have been in an unpacking frenzy and trying to figure out where things go and how to keep Saylie out of EVERYTHING. I have concluded that there is NO babyproofing from a one and a half year old. We might as well just throw everything away live in an empty place. egads!

Now that we are finally here, we are starting to get settled and we LOVE this cute little town! So below is a virtual tour of old fashioned Americana!

3 comments:

Marnie said...

Congratulations on graduation! Doesn't it feel good? What are you guys doing in Michigan? I'm so out of the loop. Did Chris get a job or is he doing more school?

By the way, Saylie is getting so big and so cute. I hear ya about the baby proofing. It's a nightmare. You'd think with baby Jake being the third child we'd have it all figured out.

S. Chai said...

Congrats to Chris! Hope everything is settling down in Michigan!! We might be headed up around those parts eventually when Bryan finally graduates....fingers crossed =) Take care pretty lady, lots of kisses to the Saylie Bear!

Misty Selvidge said...

Congratulations Bro! I used your cute pic on my blog:) Thanks for doing the min to win it at the beach reunion! It was so much fun!