Friday, August 27, 2010

A wee bit scared

Saylie LOVES playing with her dad. She get so excited when he comes home and she always has a few smiles and laughs reserved for him. The other day his fun game turned into a little bit of a scary game...

**No babies were harmed in the making of this video**


In other news...we are back in Blacksburg finally. We fit our things into our house, which was no small feat. We are getting settled and we are pretty excited for this last leg of our school chapter. We have especially loved being closer to some family again.

Saylie had quite the day this last week. She thought she could fly and so she wiggled her way out of my arms and took a good little fall...Onto the driveway. My heart stopped. I picked her up expecting her face to be cracked open and she was just screaming. I was shaking. I put her in her car seat and we immediately drove to the doctors where I cried to the nurse about what had just happened and they were SO NICE. They took me back to see a nurse and checked her out to be sure nothing was broken, swelling, etc. They told me what to watch for and helped calm me and saylie down and sent us on our way. It was an ordeal!!! She walked away with a few cuts on her chin and a scratch on her face and I came away with a minor stroke. All joking aside we are so grateful she was okay and we have doubled the kisses we give her. She is so sweet and we love her so so much.Also, we have started her on solids!! She has made dramatic progress since that first attempt at rice cereal. She devours bananas!! Avocado was another story though. She gagged, yes gagged. I think she is a little dramatic sometimes, but we are usually entertained. She refused to eat after about three bites of that stuff. We tried it three days in a row and then gave up and moved on to carrots. She likes them ok, but nothing comares to her love of naners. She ate a whole mashed one today. (oink oink-video to come soon!)

We sort of caught her laughing on video. That was no small feat!! Amy has been DYING to hear those giggles from the day she was born and what do you know, on her birthday, Saylie found something particularly funny and gave her some great laughs! (video to come later)

Lastly, because it has been brought to my attention that it's been a whole month, here are some pictures you may have missed. (I promise i'll get regular at this again, but we had some chaos with moving and unpacking and chris starting school)

5 comments:

Melanie said...

AHHH! What happened? She got so big! I wish I could see you and Chris as a mom and dad. How does it feel to be back?

clybbert said...

It's so weird to hear little girls cry-- it's way more sad than little boys! The picture or Saylie in her diaper is so stinkin' cute, I wish I could squeeze her!

Carrie said...

Sooo Very Cute! She is getting so big. Miss you all Tons, we can't wait to see you all in December.

Misty Selvidge said...

Ahh thanks for the update! Saylie is so cute! She does have Chris's face:)Sorry about the first fall-The first one is always hard1

The Claybornes said...

oh my goodness! glad shes okay and only had a few scratches.Shes still beautiful! Unfortunately, it will not be your only stroke.. it could possibly be a heart attack next! :)))