I have no idea where the name comes from or what it means but this little addictive snack is so yummy and fast and easy!!
All you need to do is mix the following ingredients into a LARGE mixing bowl. (like really big bowl!!!!)
6 c. rice chex mix
3 c. Cheerios (i used Honey Nut)
2 c. Pretzel Sticks
2 c. Cashew pieces
1 1/2 c. M&M's (I used regular but I think Christmas ones would be cuter!)
So mix that up pretty good and then melt 2 lbs Almond Bark or white chocolate (or I guess any kind of chocolate for that matter, but White is REALLY GOOD!) You can melt it over the stove on medium, stirring constantly or in the microwave in 90 second intervals stirring each time.
When the chocolate is melted pour it over the chex mix and stir gently as to not crush the cereals. Stir until everything is evenly coated and then dump it on wax paper on the counter to harden. It is so easy and SO good!
ENJOY!
3 comments:
YUM!! I'm going to have to try that right now. I'm a sucker for anything and everything chocolate!!
Hahha--they told us in Girl Scouts that GORP was from Granola, Oats, Raisins, and Pretzels. G-O-R-P. Oh, Girl Scouts...
Yes, I am a witness to the fact that this is very yummy.
Something we make that's kind of like it is with plain popcorn, M&M's, marshmellows, pretzels, with the white chocolate. It tastes so good people really think you slaved all day for it.
Tx for the recipe!!
Post a Comment